COMMERCIAL BOOK BINDING
How to bring your customer’s job together!
Bind your books and presentations here at Gall Laminating. No job is too big or small with our mix of automated and hand operated machines.
Books, Booklets, Magazines, and Catalogs
Great for small quantity perfect binding runs. Our C.P. Bourg can handle books as small as 4" x 4" or as large as 15" x 12" and up to 2.25" thick.
- Should be sent on oversized press sheet
- We prefer to do the pre-trim on covers
- Oils and inks MUST be knocked out on spine up to the hinge score
- 1 sided lamination - good for digital sheets
- Digitally printed covers with heavy ink coverage will crack on the spine. 1.5 mils nylon film on 1 side will fix
- Pre-trimmed book blocks:
* 1/16” extra on spine
* 1/8” extra on head, foot, and face
- Minimum book = 4 x 4
- Maximum book = 12 x 15
- Minimum book thickness = 1mm (approx. 5 leaves)
- Maximum book thickness = 2.25”
Plastic Coil (Spiral):
Cookbooks, Menus, Atlases, and Travel Guides
More cost effective than twin-loop
• Comes in over 40 standard colors
• Allows books to layflat when opened
• Hole spacing = 4:1
• Can accommodate books up to 2” thick
• Consider an extended seal on laminated sheets
Professional Documents, Legal Reports, Manuals
Made from metal instead of plastic
• Various colors available
• Extra strong
• Hole spacing = 3:1 or 2:1 for thicker books
• Polished look
School Programs, Small Booklets, and Short Manuals
- We do a final face trim for a clean cut
- Stitching can be done in the top corner or along the spine
- Consider adding custom tabbing to coil or twin-loop books
- Don't forget to add lamination for extra durability
- Scoring and folding services can also be added
Need a Quote?
Not seeing what you are looking for or not sure what that even is? Send us an email to email@example.com or call at 717-393-6317 and let us help you figure it out!